Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Constituency:
Parliament:
Alan Simpson,
Alan Simpson,
Vernon House,
House Of
18 Friar Lane,
Commons,
Nottingham,
London.
NG1 6DQ.
SW1 OAA
0115 9560 460
Index Articles Parliament Media
index Articles Archive In Parliament Media
Press EDM's Surgeries Constituency
In The Press Early Day Motions Advice Surgeries Constituency
Eco House Quotes Gallery Biography
Eco House Quotes Gallery Biography

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Index > Press > Evening Post > 1992

Press

> National

Evening Post
> 1992
> 1993 Jan - June
> 1993 July - Dec
> 1994

Evening Post Years
20/09/02 - "Evening Post - Iraq"

Parliament’s debate on Iraq will be caught between two cynical extremes. Saddam Hussain will do whatever it takes to avoid a war. George Bush is no less determined to do whatever it takes to avoid a peace.

read more | back to top
Evening Post Years
15/10/92 "So Arthur Was Right All Along"

Lets not beat about the bush. Arthur Scargill was wrong. In 1984 he told us the Government would cut the mining industry down to 60 pits. Silly Old Arthur. only he'd said that we would now be cut down to 20. The trouble is, we wouldn't have believed him. Silly old us.

read more
Evening Post Years
15/10/92 "Vision That MP's Lack"

OUT of the early morning mist a small armada‐of, coaches, cars and trains began to converge on London. It was not bout "shopping early for Christmas", but an expression of
public outrage at the Government's pit closure programme.

read more
Evening Post Years
29/10/92 "Abuzz With Good Sense"

PARLIAMENT is a strange place, governed by arcane rules and procedures. I seem to spend much of my time discovering these rules in the course of breaking them. Many of these appear to make no great or obvious sense but keep the place locked in a time warp........

read more
Evening Post Years
05/11/92 "Pilgrims' Progress? No Way"

LET me begin with a mention of my mum and dad. They're getting on a bit and don't travel around as much as they used to. But every couple of years they make the pilgrimage from Liverpool to Nottingham to visit me.......

read more
Evening Post Years
12/11/92 "Knickers To Blaming The Poor"

I have a confession to make. You were bound to find out sooner or later so I'd better make a clean breast of it. I'm an economist. At this point people often go away and wash their hands, or move their children to a safe distance......

read more
Evening Post Years
26/11/92 "Hidden Wins In School League"

YOU know how the advert goes... "I want to be..." Well let me tell you mine. I want to be Roberto Baggio. He is a dream of a footballer, swift as a sabre, bold as a bus driver, deadlier than Bobby Charlton. My only trouble is that I'm too old, too low and I'm not Italian.....

read more
Evening Post Years
10/12/92 "Lamont Is Not Alone In Debt"

I DON'T wish to add unreasonably to the problems Norman Lamont faces. He is certainly not alone in living beyond his personal credit limit. Britain now carries the highest per capita level of credit debt in the western world......

read more
Evening Post Years
17/12/92 "On The March For Our Future"

BY the time you read this the blisters will be in Reading. But the delegation of Scottish miners who are walking their protest to London have picked up a lot more man sore feet and aching limbs.....

read more
Evening Post Years
31/12/92 "Mince Pies. The Hidden Dangers"

THERE are lots of advantages about being vegetarian. One is that it has taught me to cook more irrelatively and it avoids the seasonal dilemma of what to do for the sixth consecutive meal of turkey left‐over’s. There are also pitfalls.

read more